Criteria for Participation
Community health centers throughout Massachusetts will be selected on an every-other-year basis to participate as clinical sites for programs at the Kraft Center for Community Health.
Community health centers selected to participate in The Kraft Center programs must meet the following criteria:
- Serve a diverse, primarily low-income patient population.
- Engage actively in assessing and responding to community needs.
- Demonstrate the capacity and commitment to support Fellows, at a level equal to supports provided to current clinicians, in terms of available practice sessions, space, clinical and administrative support, and participation in a multidisciplinary care team.
- Provide an identified primary clinical mentor.
- Model shared leadership with the CMO or Medical Director participating in goal-setting, strategy development and decision making for the health center.
- Have prior experience with and commitment to supporting clinical teaching and research.
- Document prior experience and participation in quality improvement initiatives.
- Be a patient-centered health home or have a commitment to practicing using the principles of team-based care.
Additional details and specific requirements of community health centers interested in participating as clinical sites in Kraft Center programming can be found in the application.